Submitting the admission file
In order to submit your admission file, you have two options: A) you bring it at our office; B) you submit it online. However, if you choose to submit it online, you will need to bring all documents (including the original for the conformity process) at our office by the admission colloquium otherwise you will be disqualified.
A) You bring the file at our office
1). Make sure that your admission folder is complete.
2). The documents in the file should be arranged in compliance with the OPIS available below.
3). If your folder is incomplete, we might require further clarifications.
4). For the documents submitted in copy, you will also need to present the original for the conformity process. The originals will be returned to you.
5). In order to prevent overcrowding at our office, schedule an appointment here. Please try to make this appointment at least one day before. Your appointment will last for 30 minutes, so you need to arrive in time and with your file complete. Multiple bookings will be deleted.
6). Our ofiice is located at: 36-46 Mihail Kogălniceanu Bd, room 221 first floor, Sector 5, Bucharest, 050107, Romania.
B) You submit the file online
1). Make sure that your admission file is complete. Your file will include an affidavit regarding the correctness of the online submitted documents (see model provided bellow).
2). Make an archive (zip file) containing all the required documents. The name of the archive should be: YOUR NAME_FIELD OF STUDIES.
3). The documents in the folder should be numbered and named in accordance with the OPIS available below.
4). The documents should have the format of either .pdf or jpeg and in good quality. We do not accept Word Files.
5). After you prepared your archive, send it to the following e-mail address: email@example.com. We recommend you to put in CC your potential supervisor. The title of your e-mail should be “DOCTORAL STUDIES APPLICATION”.
6). In maximum 48 hours after you submitted your folder you will receive a confirmation e-mail from our office. If you did not receive the confirmation in that time frame, please contact us.
7). If your folder is incomplete, we might require further clarifications. This will be sent by e-mail, as a reply to your application.
8). Until the admission colloquium, you will need to present at our office the original of all the documents submitted online for the conformity process. Kindly note that any differences may stop your registration process.
The content of the admission file
The files can be submitted only during the admission period, as described in the admission calendar.
Take into consideration that there are different documents required, depending on the type of applicant. The admission file must include, depending on the type of applicant, the following documents:
For all candidates:
- Application form / registration form (original)
- A simple copy of a valid ID
- Birth certificate or birth certificate in authorized translation if the certificate is in a foreign language
- A copy of marriage certificate or other document in case of name change in authorized translation if the certificate is in a foreign language.
- The baccalaureate diploma or equivalent, in authorized translation and certified by a Romanian Embassy if the document is in a foreign language
- The higher education bachelor diploma and diploma supplement, in authorized translation and certified by a Romanian Embassy if the document is in a foreign language
- Master’s degree diploma and diploma supplement, in authorized translation and certified by a Romanian Embassy if the document is in a foreign language
- A memorandum of scientific activity
- A list of titles of published scientific papers (if applicable)
- A research proposal in an internationally circulated language, in line with the field of the doctoral supervisor, justifying its important
- A comprehensive bibliographic list of the proposed topic on which the colloquium may be held
- An English language proficiency certificate in authorized translation if the certificate is in a foreign language
- A CV of the candidate
- The receipt for the registration fee
- 3 Photos of ¾ centimetres
- An affidavit in regard to the correctness of the online submitted documents
- In addition, for persons applying for exemption from the registration fee for the admission exam, one of the following documents will be presented:
• a simple copy of the parents’ death certificates (in the case of the orphans of both parents – certification of compliance with the original can be done by the secretariat of the doctoral school;
• a certificate from the General Directorate for Social Assistance and Child Protection regarding candidates coming from children’s homes or family placements);
• a certificate to demonstrate that he/she is part of the teaching staff or auxiliary teaching staff of the University;
• a certificate demonstrating that one of the parents is a teacher or a retired teacher.
For Non-EU candidates only:
- Previous agreement from a supervisor inside the school to participate to the admission colloquium
- Letter of acceptance for Non-EU students
- A copy of the passport having the specific visa for studies in Romania for Non-EU students
- Medical certificate, in authorized translation if the certificate is in a foreign language
For Rroma candidates only:
- The request provided bellow
- A recommendation from a party/ organization/ association
Keeping track of your status during the admission process
Information regarding the status of the admission process will be posted online, in the announcements section of our website. Upon submitting your file, you will receive a registration number that will be used to communicate your status. You will also receive information on the email address you will provide in the admission form.
- For all documents presented in copy, you will also need to present the original so our administrative personnel attest their conformity. We will not keep the original, however, in case you are enrolled on a subsidized study place, your study documents will submitted in original at your file (you can bring them during the confirmation process). If you will submit you file online, you will need to present the documents for the conformity process until the admission colloquium).
- The submitted documents must be arranged in compliance with the OPIS.
- The file must include the admission form, the data protection declaration, and the file’s OPIS.
- The EU, SC and EEA citizens are requested to obtain the Certificate of recognition/equivalence of study documents issued by the National Center of Recognition and Equivalence of Diplomas. This rule is applicable to Romanian citizens with diplomas issued by an institution in a foreign country.
- For study documents from issued by institutions in other countries than Romania you may need the Hague Apositlle or legalization. Check here the list of countries with this requirement.
- Please note that incomplete files will not be accepted.
- The documents that are not translated as required, will not be accepted.
- During the entire admission process, the communication will be carried out exclusively with the candidate. We do not accept files submitted by a third person, except for the case when that person has a notarial power of attorney issued specifically for the task of submitting the file. If the notarial power of attorney is in a language other than Romanian, will also need to be translated.
Next step for admission: Admission Colloquium